Lazalu was an artist retreat for 20 years and now welcomes guests. Reserving the property is ideal for singles and couple retreats, group retreats, adventurers, backpackers, canyoneers and small destination weddings. There is a shared kitchen area, outdoor shower, and WIFI. Because of its incredible location at the western edge of Zion National Park, a friend said, “Lazalu is the heart of the artichoke.”
There are only two rental houses on the property with a total number of up to 8 guests. Zion Guest House sleeps up to 6 and the Adobe Suite sleeps 2. Each house has their own bathroom or shower. There is also an outdoor shower and outhouse. Renting the whole property creates privacy for your family and friends. There are numerous trails right out the door, or a short drive away.
Lazalu is a two-hour drive from Las Vegas or I can arrange a 40-minute helicopter flight from Vegas to your bedroom. Lazalu is a secluded retreat venue at the western edge of Zion National Park. With no city lights to dim them, the night sky’s stars feel close enough to touch. Lazalu is off the grid and green with our own well and solar power system.
Lazalu is great for a small wedding, anniversary or reunion. Lazalu works with the best local southern Utah wedding planner. Lazalu makes a perfect location for a small wedding. Lazalu has stunning full surround views and makes an enchanted wedding location. I am happy to talk about these possibilities.
The Adobe Suite
Adobe Suite is one room with private bath, ideal for a couple or a young family. The room offers comfort with rustic, understated charm. The room’s main feature is the glass doors that swing open onto stunning views of Cave Valley and Zion National Park from its private patio. It is made from ancient adobe but designed with a modern twist. There is a common area to gather and prepare meals. The manager lives on the property and is there to ensure you have what you want. Happy to be there to answer questions and connect you to the experiences that will make your stay memorable.
The Zion Guest House
What makes The Zion Guest House unique is its views at the western edge of Zion National Park. The Zion Guest House has two twin trundle beds in the back room and a queen bed in the front room. The Zion Guest House sleeps six, two in the front room and four twin beds in the back room. One full bath marble tub with a hand-held shower and access to the shared outdoor shower. There is access to a shared kitchen and common dining room.
The entire property includes a common area, access to a kitchen, and an outdoor shower. A cabin in the oak grove can be used for work or contemplation. My house and courtyard are private unless you have a question or wish to borrow a book from the library, a collection of 2,000 books on art, poetry, and world literature.
There are licensed guides available and many nearby attractions the manager can tell you about when you arrive or schedule ahead of time. Attractions From massages to horseback rides and more.
Common Attractions Available Near Zion National Park
- Guided Hiking
- Guided Canyoneering
- GuidedRock Climbing
- Off Roading, ATV Rides, Zip-lines, & other Adventure Tours
- Scenic Drives & Sightseeing
- Fishing & Lake Activities
- Fine Dining
- Art Studios
- Horesback Rides
- Private On Location Massages
A small cabin is available for work or contemplation in the oak grove. Many popular hiking trails lead from the property or are within a short drive, including the Subway, Wildcat and Hop Valley trails.
As an artist, I appreciate my privacy and will respect yours. Meals can also be arranged through the best local restaurant, or I can shop for you in advance. I am discrete but available for sharing local knowledge if asked.
Other things to note about Lazalu
- There are caves with petroglyphs to explore and hikes or drives with stunning views. From a nearby drive are dinosaur tracks and more petroglyphs as well as a reservoir to swim in a short drive up the hill. These are several of the features that make Lazalu unique.
- Lazalu is in the heart of a wilderness and having the right gear is essential: day pack, sunblock, long pants and shirt, waterbottle, good boots or hightop sneakers, and a lot of common sense.
- Arrive by helicopter, the aerial views are spectacular and Lazalu can arrange a rental car during your stay.
- Navigate on GPS to Lazalu, Zion Retreat 11 Kolob Terrace Road Virgin, Utah 84779 – Click Here For Google Maps
- Lazalu is a two-hour drive from Las Vegas and is 11.4 miles above Virgin, Utah. The newly paved Kolob Terrace Park road not only takes you in and out of beautiful Zion National Park scenery, but right to Lazalu’s driveway.
- Lazalu is forty minutes from Springdale and Hurricane, local towns with all the amenities. I can consult and help identify where you need to go for what you want.
- I suggest shopping for food before arrival. However, the best local restaurant can provide meals, if ordered in advance. Please ask about menus.
- There is a Whole Foods in Las Vegas and two groceries in Hurricane, our closest town
- There is a limited hours State Liquor Store near Hurricane. Beer can be purchased in a market.
- You are forty minutes from Springdale, the center of Zion National Park, which has good restaurants, shopping, liquor, a nightlife, and hikes with many other tourists.
- In Hurricane are all the conveniences: movies, laundry, doctors, markets, and restaurants, car fix-it places.
- At the altitude of 5,800 ft. Lazalu is always 15 degrees cooler than Springdale, or the valley below.
- There is access to a kitchen, common area and free parking. There is a small cabin in the oak grove for creative projects, contemplation or work.
- There is Wifi and phone reception but it is spotty. There is poor streaming. I recommend downloading films before you arrive.
- Ancient Indian tribes summered in the valley and considered it a valley of transformation. If not a transformation, you can have a few relaxing days away from your busy life. It’s a fine location for children interested in nature.
As a filmmaker for PBS and Channel 4 in London, I experienced great world wide hospitality and my goal is to make your experience at Lazalu equally fabulous.
- Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper
- Wood Stoves
- Hot water
- Bathtub (Only Zion Guest House)
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Wifi – Slow Streaming
- Free parking on premises
- Single level home
- No stairs in home
- Coffee maker
- Cooking basics
- Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper
- Dishes and silverware
- Space where guests can cook their own meals
- Guest access
- Host greets you
- Private entrance
- Separate street or building entrance
- Luggage dropoff allowed for guests’ convenience when they have early arrival or late departure
- Long term stays allowed for 28 days or more
- Bed & Bath
- Bed linens
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Hair dryer
- BBQ grill
- Large views!
- Safety features
- Fire extinguisher
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Smoke detector
- First aid kit
- Not included / Unavailable:
- Washer & Dryer